Monday, October 17, 2011

The Queen of Butter is as Sweet as Sugar

Today, we got a chance to meet the quintessential Southern cook, the queen of butter herself - Ms. Paula Deen. The Savannah restauranteur is best known for her cooking shows on FoodTV network, "Paula's Best Dishes" and "Paula's Home Cooking." We've been lucky enough to eat at her restaurant, The Lady & Sons, a few times over the last couple of years and every recipe I have ever cooked of hers has been a big hit. Generally, I go to her site when I'm planning a special meal or entertaining. I always know that the dish will be great. Some of my favorite Paula Deen recipes are: Pumpkin Gooey Bars, Tomato, Corn and Avocado salad, Black Pepper Shrimp, and Baked French Toast Casserole with Maple Syrup.  Last week, Ms. Deen's new cookbook, Southern Cooking Bible, was released and she is currently on a book tour.






W and I got to her book signing today just as they were wrapping up so fortunately we didn't have to wait in line to meet Ms. Deen and her husband Michael Grover. They were gracious enough to pose for pictures with W. I wasn't really sure what to expect but Ms. Deen was just as nice and friendly in person as she appears on TV. Both her and Mr. Grover talked with me for a few minutes and asked me about my son. Having met her, it is obvious she is family-oriented and a boy mom (and boy grandma too). 



No comments:

Post a Comment