Saturday, December 31, 2011

It's a Wrap on Christmas 2011

Well, Christmas is officially over in our house. We finally packed up the tree and put it back in the garage until next year. Since W is now toddling around and into EVERYTHING we made the decision to put the tree in our formal living room this year instead of the den. Thanks to the baby gates we installed a few months ago the tree wasn't the great temptation that we thought it would be. Of course, anytime we did anything around the tree (including opening presents on Christmas Day) the little man was more interested in climbing the stairs.


We had a wonderful and busy second Christmas in our new house and with the little man. We were surprised at his birthday party that he didn't have much interest in opening presents and that continued with Christmas this year too. I'm sure next year he will be all about opening those gifts. Instead this year, I did the wrapping and the opening so it was fun for me.


We were so lucky that my grandmother (and W's only living great-grandparent) was able to come up to Atlanta for the weekend. My granny's at that age where she doesn't like to travel away from home overnight. She claims its because when she's off with us we treat her like an invalid but I digress. I know W won't remember that she was here but our family will and that made the holiday more special. She also bought W his first bible as a Christmas gift and that is something I will treasure for the rest of my days.



We had a house full this year with 8 adults. I wasn't sure if we could do but we can. And we had a great time with everyone under one roof from dawn to dusk. My sister's boyfriend is from Germany so he shared a few special customs with us. We all enjoyed the experiences and I hope it made him feel better to have a little bit of home with our holiday celebrations.

The Feuerzangenbowle - mulled spice wine before the flames

and after

Here are just a few candid shots from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

I hope you and your family had as wonderful of a holiday as we did. I don't know about you but I'm ready for 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment