Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I don't know about your house, but the holidays are in full swing here. I love the holidays and this year it is even more special with the little man around. But this post isn't about the holiday instead its about the movies. I'm so hoping with the extra people in our house that I can steal away a few hours to go to the movies. I love going to the theater this time of the year. The studios put out the best movies in hopes of getting some Oscar nominations. Just a few of the movies I'm dying to see are: 


The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


I read this book last year and I've seen the Swedish version of the movie. I really like Daniel Craig so I have a lot of high hopes for this movie. I so hope I'm not disappointed. 




The Descendants


Who doesn't love George Clooney? 




Young Adult


I've loved Jason Reitman's "Up in the Air" and "Thank You for Smoking" so I'm hoping to like this movie too. I'm not a big fan of Diablo Cody (the screenwriter of "Juno") but I'm willing to give this movie a chance. I just hope that they haven't shown all the funny scenes in the trailer. 




Hugo


A friend of mine went to an advanced screening of this movie and has been raving about it ever since. Martin Scorsese is behind it so I'm sure its a winner. 




Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close


I'm predicting I will need a box of Kleenex to get through this movie, but I think it will be great movie. 




I just recently saw "The Help" on DVD and I loved it more than the book. If you haven't seen yet, add it to your list. The acting and directing were superb. I'm sure it will get a few nods during the award season. 


So are there any movies you will be seeing this holiday season? What else should I have on my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment