Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Adventures in Making Baby Food

Ok, so the first thing you should know about me is that I'm not a domestic diva. Actually, I'm far from it. Before the pink slip, we either ate out or had prepared meals. I was also fortunate enough to have some come and clean our house a couple of times a month. Unfortunately, those days are behind us and I'm cooking and cleaning up a storm.


I decided to try my hand at making my own baby food for several reasons:
1. I want me son to be a better eater than both my husband and I
2. I would save on packaging which is better for the environment long term
3. I would save W from eating food with preservatives


So I got my start making baby food with a bag of frozen peas and the food processor attachment on my blender. Once I cooked the peas and pureed them, I portioned the food out into ice cube trays. Once frozen, you just pop out the cubes and store them a ziploc freezer bag. Stay tuned for my arsenal of tools and a pictures of the final product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment