Sunday, July 24, 2011

Making Your Own Baby Food: The Tools

I know that there are now a ton of products on the market to make your own baby food. There is the Baby Bullet and the Beaba system. I thought about buying one of these systems but I decided to start with what I had in my own kitchen before investing in another piece of equipment. Besides, when I started I wasn't sure if I would keep it up or if W would eat my homemade baby food. If you are just starting out transitioning your baby to solids, hang in there. I know at first they won't like it but keep at it. I took almost a week for W to take to baby food. 


Fortunately, I had a good blender with a food processor attachment and a mini-chopper. I also inherited an immersion blender from my mom and so far these three machines have done a great job pureeing, blending, and chopping baby food. I also purchased three ice trays from OXO. I love the OXO ice trays, they are BPA-free, dishwasher safe and have a lid. But you can use any ice trays. 



The tools I use to make my own baby food

No comments:

Post a Comment