Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Teething Blues

I'm finding out that there are a lot of things about babies that nobody tells you. Sometime its a good surprise and sometimes its not. Currently, I'm learning that teething can last a long time.  For my son, W, it seems like he's been teething for months. The drooling, the chewing on fingers, the rash on his chin. Every morning I anxiously check his gums for any sign of a pearly white but at eight months little man is still toothless. But the last few weeks have been different and I think he may finally be "officially" teething. In addition to the drool and chewing, he's waking up in the night, he's getting fussy and he's grabbing at his ears. So I think its only a matter of time before that toothless grin is replaced. Even though I will be relieved that he won't be in pain, I'm sure I will be sad because it will be just another reminder that my baby is growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment