Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Lazy Girl's Way to Save

I am a failed couponer. I have read all the blogs and watch the extreme coupon show. I've tried my best to cut my grocery bill in half. I save money with coupons but I've never been one to buy $400 of groceries for $40. I wish I could but its just not in the cards for me. I still check-in each day with Southern Savers to see if there are any deals that I can take advantage of and I'm happy to save money even if its just a few dollars. 


I have managed to cut back in other ways. So here it is the lazy girl's way to save on great stuff for herself and her baby. Beware, all of these sites can be addictive so this is my disclaimer. 


Groupon: Once just a site for big cities, Groupon is growing by leaps and bounds and adding new cities everyday. The one-day deals are great for restaurants, outings, classes, and even deals for online retailers. I just recently purchased a Groupon for a month of Gymboree classes. You never know what the deal is going to be so sign-up to get their e-mails. 


Plum District: Just like Groupon, this site is expanding. I love Plum District because their deals last a few days so if get busy and forget to order the deal that day - you still have a chance to get it. Plum District deals are geared to moms and kids so they have a lot of great finds for clothes, gear, spa services, and exercise classes. 


Living Social: Living Social is a discount site that specializes in experiences. Everything from fine dining, travel and adventure, to spa services. They offer some of the best things to do and experience in Atlanta. 


Gilt City Atlanta: Gilt City is the newest discount site to offer great deals in Atlanta. So far I've seen deals for restaurants, concerts, yoga classes and massages. With Gilt City, you can afford to hire a babysitter and have a great night out without breaking the bank. 


Amazon Mom: I love Amazon and the Amazon Mom program. Once you sign-up for the Amazon Mom program, you will get 3-months of free 2-day shipping. Then you can earn more free shipping by purchasing $25 in baby products. For every $25 order, you earn a month of free shipping. Great deals on baby products and free 2-day shipping, sign me up!


Zulily: I must confess I have a Zulily addiction. Designer baby clothes at a discount is my weakness and Zulily is my weakness. These limited quantity sales start at 9 AM EST every day and the collections change daily. The only problem with Zulily is that most items sell out early. I have bought several smocked and embroidered john-johns at huge discounts from Zulily. 


Totsy: Totsy is a new site that I just started using - in fact I just placed my first order a few weeks ago and I'm in love. Similar to Zulily, this site offers a limited quantity of items for sale at a discount. Instead of offering daily sales, they have new sales every few days. So far I've seen sales on clothes, gear, toys, and women's clothes. I like both their prices and selection. 


Now that I've covered easy ways to save, I've also found a few easy ways to earn money and rewards. 


Swagbucks: Last year a friend turned me onto this site and I love it. Swagbucks is a search engine that you use just like google. But you earn "Swagbucks" for searching. These "Swagbucks" can be used to purchase rewards. My favorite way to spend my "Swagbucks" is on Amazon gift cards. I can't tell you how much baby gear and toys I've bought at a discount on Amazon and saved more by using my Swagbucks earned gift cards. Its the easiest way to earn rewards just by doing the things you normally do - surfing the web. Instead of logging directly onto a web site, I just go to Swagbucks and type in the site name. It adds an extra step but its worth it to me since I'm earning an Amazon gift card every few weeks. I plan on stocking up on my gift cards for my holiday shopping this year. 


Ebates: Some days its just too hard to make it to mall or even just to go to Target. Shopping online is so convenient and with Ebates you get paid to shop. With Ebates, you are able to earn a percentage back on your purchases at major retailers like Diapers.com, Groupon, Macys, Target, Land's End, and Nordstrom. Ebates will send you a rebate check each quarter. In the last year, I have earned over $50 in cash back. Also, if you are planning a trip soon check out Ebates because a lot of the airlines and hotel chains offer rebates. I could have earned a ton of money if I had known about this site sooner. 


What are you doing to cut back? I would love to know your tips and tricks for saving money. 





No comments:

Post a Comment