Friday, August 19, 2011

Thankful Fridays

Recently, a friend turned me onto the blog thxthxthx. I read that the blog’s author just had a book published based on her blog, so I think I’m a little late to this party. I’ve been struggling over the last few weeks to remain positive. As a veteran of unemployment, I know that this is a funk that every job seeker faces. Money is tight and employers aren’t calling. I also know the worst thing to do it is to give into this mood.

I decided to start “Thankful Fridays” as a way to remind myself that despite my current circumstances that I have a lot to be thankful for. Why is it always so easy to focus on the negative and never the positive? So here it goes, my first "Thankful Friday" post. 

Today, I am most thankful for my new role of mother. In our lifetime, we have a lot of titles and roles. I was born with the title of daughter, granddaughter, then I became a sister, a friend, a student, a writer, a high school graduate, a world traveler, a college graduate, an employee, a co-worker, a colleague, a volunteer, a wife, a boss, a blogger, a marketer, a documentary filmmaker, and now I’m a mother. Motherhood was never a role I thought I would take on but I’m so thankful that I have been blessed with it. It really is the hardest role I have every had but everyday I know that I have been trusted with such a precious gift.

What are you thankful for this Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment