Friday, August 26, 2011

Thankful Friday: Former Coworkers

Last weekend, I had a girls lunch with my friend and former coworker - T. Unfortunately, she lives and works across town so we don't see each other nearly enough. I always have a great time hanging out with T and it was nice to get away from the house for a few hours. 


Like most people that live in Atlanta, I'm not from here but I've been here now for over 11 years. In the decade plus that I've lived and worked here, I have changed jobs on average every two years. I know its not for everyone but I think I'm pretty lucky that I've had a lot of jobs. I've been very fortunate to work with a great group of people. In a lot of ways, my former coworkers are my community here in Atlanta. When I have a project that I need help with I know that I can call on any one of them to help me out or recommend a vendor. I've been passed along job leads and freelance opportunities from many of them as well over the years. 


Now with Facebook and Twitter, I am able to keep up with many of them and it has been such a pleasure to see how their lives have changed both personally and professionally. We spend most of our days at work so its great to have a work family that you enjoy being around and who inspire you to do good work. I'm optimistic with the track record I have had that there is another great team out there somewhere waiting for me to join them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment