Thursday, September 8, 2011

A House Divided

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this on the blog or not but I am a University of Georgia grad and my husband went to the University of South Carolina. For college football fans, we are known as a house divided. This weekend, is the annual match-up between our two teams on the field.


We are staying home this year and hosting a small game watching party with close friends. Its a tradition we started last year when I was pregnant and one we may continue for a few years. Trust me, watching the game together is making progress for us. In the past, we have either watched the game on TV at different places or attended the game and sat in different sections. Its not a huge rivalry game for either team but we take it personally. I will say I'm pretty lucky because my husband is a much better winner and gracious loser than I am. 


I am still getting ready for the party and tomorrow will be a crazy day getting it all together but I can't wait. Of course, after last weekend's debut of this year's Bulldogs I'm not so sure if we can pull off a win. I'm hoping the home field advantage will work to our favor. 


So what are you doing this weekend? Any big plans? Whatever you do, I hope you have a great time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment