Monday, September 12, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

This weekend we hosted a game watching party for the UGA vs. USC game. We had a great time and our friends got to spend some extra time with W. Since he's not able to root for either team, I got him this great football themed jon jon from Zulily.

W playing while we watched the game

Several years ago, my husband the South Carolina grad stopped eating chicken on game days so I planned my menu accordingly. Fortunately some friends brought a chicken nugget tray from Chick-fil-A so the Bulldog fans enjoyed eating chicken!

My husband has perfected bar-b-que pork in the crock-pot so he just cooked up a big pork butt and we shredded it for pulled pork sliders. I love that you can now by the slider buns at the grocery store. Our side dishes included baked beans, cole slaw (I used Puttin' on the G.R.I.T.S. recipe for simple slaw), broccoli dip with chips, salsa and spicy corn salsa, boilded peanuts, and chocolate chip pound cake.


Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of the food and set-up. Now that I'm blogging I will have to get better about taking pictures to share.


We also watched a lot of the September 11 anniversary coverage. Watching it all again just reminded me how precious and fleeting life really is. Even though it has been 10 years, it felt like it just happened yesterday.


So how was your weekend? What did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment