Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tailgating Recipes

This weekend kicks off college football for most of the country. My alma mater, the University of Georgia, will take on Boise St. at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. I won't be there to cheer on my Bulldogs this year but I am excited to watch them play on Saturday night. I will be fixing up a few of my favorite tailgating recipes on Saturday for us to munch on during the game. I picked two recipes to highlight this week since its hot these two salads/dips are perfect for this time of year.


My first recipe pick is from Paula Deen. I just made this dish a few weeks ago and I wish I had taken a photo. Paula's Corn, Avocado, and Tomato Salad is a light, refreshing salad that will go perfectly with whatever main dish you are having. We have had it with grilled chicken and BBQ pork. It is a great addition to any menu.


My second recipe is also from Paula Deen. Something about her food just goes perfectly with football. Her South Georgia "Caviar" is a perfect dip during the hot Saturdays of Septemeber. Pair this with corn chips or tortilla chips.


Have a fun and safe weekend cheering on your teams this weekend. I will be glued to the TV with my family cheering on our beloved Bulldogs.



No comments:

Post a Comment