Monday, September 5, 2011

Thankful Friday: The End of Summer (Among Other Things)

Ok, so I'm now more than a few days late getting to my Thankful Friday post. But my goodness, last week was a rough one. Actually, I think it was one of the worst weeks of the summer. The baby had a cold and I had to make two trips to the unemployment office to clear up an issue with my check. So it was fitting that last week was the last week of summer. We kicked off the summer this year with a family vacation to Hilton Head and ended it the same way.  This was my first summer as new mom and we had a blast. 


Between job hunting and interviews, we squeezed in trips to the Atlanta Zoo and the Georgia Aquarium. We enjoyed visits from family and friends and traveled to see grandparents and had playdates, picnics, and pool parties. Looking back we did a lot of stuff in just a few months. Part of me is sad to see the summer go but its been a miserably hot summer here and I for one am ready for some cooler days. 


So this week, I am thankful for a great first summer that I got to spend with my boy. Not only did we do a lot of things but W had a lot of accomplishments as well. At the start of the summer, he was just starting to sit up on his own and within a few weeks he was crawling and pulling up. We lowered his crib for the first time on June 1 and had to lower it again on July 1. He also started eating solids and grew to love vegetables and fruits. In the last few weeks, we finally got to see a glimpse of his pearly whites when his first two teeth broke through the gums. 


I am also happy to report that W's cold is gone and I was able to resolve my issue with the Department of Labor. Thank goodness that week is done too. 

W's first trip to the beach
Enjoying the surf at Hilton Head

No comments:

Post a Comment